background

Monday, March 5, 2012

Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge Designed by Santiago Calatrava

This weekend was the grand opening of the Margaret Hunt Hill bridge in Dallas, Texas.



Bob and I took the kids to wish my friend, Shelly White, a happy birthday.  Shelly was there to promote the Trinity Strand Trail, which is part of the overall redevelopment of the area surrounding and including the Trinity River.  I initially got involved in this project because it is developing more trails in the Dallas area.

Anything to divert traffic from my beloved White Rock Lake which has been carrying the load for Dallas!


While Shelly was the main attraction, we enjoyed the bridge!  There were tons of food trucks, we saw the mayor, we ran into Clancy and Jackson and enjoyed the great weather.  I don't know if the bridge makes financial sense (it cost over $100 million), it sure is a nice addition to the City and we enjoyed our visit!









1 comment:

  1. Real men aren't afraid to wear pink hats! Looks like a lot of fun. Wish I could have been there. I will have to go check it out over spring break!

    ReplyDelete