background

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Bento Box Beginner's Kit

Ryan used to eat anything and everything but now he's gotten a little picky.  I'm trying to make food fun for him and Bento Boxes are such a great idea.  I picked up some things yesterday at Sur La Table and am going to give it a try.


The silicone cup cake liners keep foods separated and also add an element of color.  The cookie cutters add interesting shapes and help you layer food.  I couldn't resist the R and K cookie cutters since I love initials.

I tried it out this morning.  I made waffles and used the R and a small circle.  I used one liner for a banana and another one for syrup.  Waffles probably weren't the best thing for the cookie cutters - they already have so much texture - but Ryan ate all of his banana and syrup!! :)

My mom thinks this is a waste of time but I am enjoying the idea.  It really doesn't take any longer to do this and it's fun!

UPDATE:

Tot Snob had a Bento Box post today with the containers to put all of your creations in! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment