background

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Book shelf in Ryan's Room

I have been seeing so many great ideas on Pinterest so I have decided to try out some of the ideas and blog about the outcome.

One of the things I kept seeing that I liked so much were the simple book shelves for kids.  Ryan LOVES books so I thought that was a good place to start.  We went to Ikea and bought some frame shelves to install in Ryan's room.  We (and by "we" I mean "Bob") put it up while Ryan was sleeping.  I cleaned up his room so that he would notice when he came in.  Bob brought him in and just set him down.  He played for a minute before he turned around and when he did, he got so excited.  Totally worth it!


We put it a little high so that it will grow with him.  Next up was to load it up with books.  At first I put a bunch on there but Ryan was having trouble pulling off just one without the rest of them falling on him so I trimmed it down.

I'm happy with the result!  At first I wanted to put it in the closet so it wouldn't mess up the wall but I'm glad Bob made an executive decision to put it where he did!  Ryan has figured out he can hang from it so if you do this, you'll want to make sure it's secure so it doesn't fall out.

I've decided that I am going to put all of the books that are not on the shelf in a closet where Ryan cannot see or reach them.  I will rotate them out every so often so that he doesn't get bored with any of them.  It will also help us control the mess.  That's one of my next projects!

1 comment: